The following is our Community Guidelines, a copy of this policy is included in the Default Group "Forum Information". We expect all users to follow this policy.
We need a safe and trusted environment, as long as the following rules are met you should never find yourself subject to suspension or account termination:
- A friendly atmosphere is the key to a successful and amazing forum.
- Encourage others to work hard and succeed
- Thank you for keeping the forum clean! Nobody likes advertisements, fake news, and profanity.
- Treat others how you want to be treated. Violence and profanity is forbidden and subject to account suspension and/ or termination.
- Remember your audience; both present and future.
The following is a list of the rules and guidelines that must be followed when participating on the B Tag Inc Forum. The administration and moderation team reserve the right to terminate any and all accounts or remove any content at any stage without prior notice. The rules outlined below are only the minimum expectations of members, and not every issue can be predicted and addressed here, so conduct could still be considered out of line even if it isn't covered here specifically. The instructions of the moderation team must be followed at all times.
No harassment, discrimination or abuse of any kind.
- This includes insults, fanboy, or troll accusations
- No pornography or sexually explicit material, this includes in direct, or private messaging (DM/PM).
- Fake news
- Post count/reputation farming
- 'Ask Me Anything’ threads
- Tagging things as 'repost' or 'reported'
- Endless comments
- Nobody likes fake news or simple trolls
- eBay/trading sites, personal websites or businesses except where appropriate. (Eg who can do data recovery in Huston, TX, Anyone know where I can get this part?)
- Twitch/YouTube links are only allowed in user profile status updates
- Talking about piracy in general, broad details, is acceptable however the posting or discussing pirated/hacked/cracked or otherwise nefariously obtained content is not. This includes Windows content, games, hackintosh, etc. Also discussions regarding ways to avoid or block legitimately installed monitoring/tracking software or the like is also not allowed.
- Text only, no images or other external content linked
- No Advertising/External Links
- In the interests of personal safety we do not permit the posting of personal information other than your own. This includes usernames, email addresses etc.
- We highly discourage the posting of and will actively remove any personal information of persons under the age of 13
Moderation & Bans
- Do not openly discuss the moderation of any content or user. If you have an issue, please contact a staff member.
- Do not backseat moderate – if there’s an issue, please use the report function.
- Please be aware staff cannot see private messages unless they are reported.
- If you have an issue with a moderator at any time, please contact an Administrator via Private or Direct Messaging.
Industry Affiliate Code of Conduct
Industry Affiliates are representatives of companies within the computer industry. Their posting privileges are the same as standard members, and while they are able to (and encouraged to) interact with the B Tag Inc community outside of talking about their products or services, they should always keep in mind the way their behavior reflects on their company. Industry Affiliates are required to conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner to all moderators, administrators, general members, and other Industry Affiliates. To ensure that B Tag Inc can maintain fair treatment of all Industry affiliates, we have created these guidelines:
- All Industry Affiliates (employees of tech companies) must identify themselves if they intend to promote their company, products, or services in any way. Industry Affiliates who are engaging in "guerrilla marketing" WILL be banned, and their company may be added to a public blacklist posted on B Tag Inc Abuse Center
- Industry Affiliates may truthfully answer questions about their own products and may assist members with technical and warranty support for their products in almost any context. It is still acceptable even in situations where the original post is not about the Industry Affiliates product as long as it doesn't derail the thread.
- Industry Affiliates may not recommend their own products to a user who is not already specifically asking about them. When that happens, the Industry Affiliate may clarify the features and value of his or her products, as well as help the Original Poster to understand the similar products that are also available within their product stack. This should not be interpreted as an opportunity to "upsell" and only educational information with a basis in fact will be acceptable. No snake oil marketing strategies will be tolerated from Industry Affiliates. We take reports from members about "marketing BS/Manipulation" very seriously.
- Industry Affiliates' member profiles and signatures must adhere to our standard guidelines, but may also contain one link to their official company support website
- Industry Affiliates are encouraged to engage naturally with the community rather than taking a strictly "business-like" approach to their interactions. It's worth considering that by being a helpful part of the community, you will build trust with our members, moderators, and administrators, which will lend credibility to you as an individual and to your company.
- Industry Affiliates are expected to set a positive example for the rest of the community by being trustworthy sources of information, and by adhering not only to the Industry Affiliate Code of Conduct, but also the general Community Standards.